Most popular questions
If I change my door, will my Casper Screen still fit?
If you need to repair your door, or are planning on changing your door in the future, save yourself the hassle of finding another contractor and contact our parent company, Enhanced Renovations, to have your repairs and Casper Screen installation done together!
Where can a Casper Screen be installed?
A Casper Screen can upgrade virtually any door: In-swing, out-swing, double or French door, and sliding glass doors too! Our sleek design allows the screen to roll up into a 2-inch housing that sits flush with your existing doorframe.
How long does it take to install?
Typically in just 1 hour! We come to you with evertyhing we need. Choose from five colors. We measure, cut and install. It's that simple!
Can you install a Casper Screen if I have an HOA?
Yes! Casper Screens are HOA compliant. Most Home Owner Associations (HOAs) prohibit installation of permanent screen doors on condominium or townhouse doors. However, Casper Disappearing Retractable Screen Doors are HOA Compliant because they do not alter the look and conformity of either front doors or sliding glass doors!
What is the warranty for a Casper Screen?
Casper Screen Doors are so durable that we proudly offer the best warranty in the retractable screen industry! Each Casper Screen comes with a Lifetime Warranty on the frame parts and components and a Three Year Warranty on the screen mesh to be free from any manufacturer defects
What colors are available?
Our screen doors come in five different colors; white, sand, almond, brown, and black.
What size doors can Casper Screens be installed on?
Casper Screens can be installed on the following doors:
- Single Doors up to 100” tall and 60” wide.
- Sliding Doors up to 100” tall and 60” wide
- Double (French) Doors up to 100” tall and 100” wide for both doors (50” per door)
Frequently asked questions
- Q? - Why choose Casper Screens over other retractable screen brands?
- A. - Casper Screens Technicians have over fifteen (15) years of experience in the retractable screen industry!
- Powder Coated Finish on all the Aluminum parts. No chipping, peeling or color fading.
- Adjustable handles for all ages. Handles can be raised to keep out of small children’s hands or lowered so that they can open doors.
- Full-length rubberized magnetic strip will not rust and provides for the tightest seal possible.
- Nylon Coated Fiberglass mesh made by Phifer© Mesh is stronger and more durable than standard screen mesh.
- Flexible pull bar meant to give instead of snap back like other retractable screens.
- All of our pricing includes Installation.
- Free Consultations by our Certified Technicians to assess your retractable screen door needs for your home, condo, apartment or business.
- Q? - What are Casper Screens made of?
- A. - Casper Screens use Powder Coated Aluminum for all the frame parts that make up the screen door. This includes the housing for the screen mesh as well as the top track, bottom track and side profile. We choose aluminum for our screen doors because it is structurally the strongest material we can use for this application. We also spray all our aluminum with a powder coating because it is the Highest Quality finish for indoor/outdoor use.
- Q? - What kind of screen mesh is used for the screen door?
- A. - The mesh for Casper Screen doors is a Fiberglass Mesh with Nylon Coating. This type of screen mesh is stronger and more durable than a traditional screen mesh providing greater functionality as it is more rigid which in turn reduces sagging and won’t pull out of the top track as easily as other meshes on the market.
- Q? - What kind of door can Casper Screens be installed upon?
- A. - Casper Screen Doors can be used for Single, Sliding, Double (French) Doors and Oversized Doors. Casper Screen Doors can be used for both in swinging and out swinging doors.
- Q? - Are there any maintenance requirements for Casper Screen Doors?
- A. - Casper Screen Doors require minimal maintenance. We recommend that homeowners use a vacuum once a month to clean the bottom track of their screen door. This helps to eliminate any dust, pet hair or other particles that may have accumulated in the brushes on the bottom track. Casper Screens also recommends that the screen doors be retracted when not in use especially during cold, windy and wet winter months. To clean the screen mesh, use a sponge or towel and a mild solution of water and dish soap to wipe down the screen mesh of any dust. Never use WD-40 or other lubricants on our screen door components. If you are experiencing problems with the screen door, please give us a call.
- Q? - Will my pets be able to get through my screen door?
- A. - Casper Screen Doors are designed to “give” a small amount if pets were to bump into them. Pets may first be confused after the screens are installed and we recommend pet owners make sure to familiarize their pets with the screens. Our screens are designed to prevent insects from getting inside and to provide great ventilation for your home, condo, apartment or business.
- Q? - What happens if someone walks into my screen?
- A. - The mesh on Casper Screen Doors is designed to provide a small amount of “give” if someone were to walk into the screen door. If an individual was to fall or run through the screen by accident, the screen may be pulled from its housing in which case we recommend that you call Casper Screens East at 919-400-7800 to have one of our certified technicians come and service the door and/ or replace the screen mesh.